I just started a new personal blog that I will update more frequently than this one to document my move and transition from the East Coast to the West Coast. I will continue to use this as my PR blog and as a showcase to potential employers and clients of my writing ability. But check out a bit of my personal life and follow my journey at 95 to The 5. Here is a sample:
I am exactly five weeks away from the big move from Baltimore, Md., to San Diego, Calif., so I thought it would be a great idea to start this blog to document my journey, make it easier for friends and family to see how things are going, and for anyone else who is interested to read about my adventures.
I have always searched for new experiences, and I have always relished at meeting new people, learning new cultures, and traveling. I am one of those people who love experiencing new things for the learning opportunities it presents and the reflection that takes place after. You learn more about yourself, other people, and the world by throwing yourself into new and different experiences.
I also believe that because you only have one life, you must do everything possible to live it to its fullest with no regrets. People often fear the unknown, and it stops them from pursuing their dreams. But later, they always wonder, “What if?” I am not that kind of person. I don’t want to wonder, “What if?” I want to tell you what happened when I tried. If I want to do something, I will do it. My perspective is that there are other people in my shoes that are succeeding at doing the things I want to do and living the kind of life that I want to live, so why can’t I? Yes, it might be difficult at first. Change is always difficult. But why must we remain stagnant when there is much more to life? Nothing that is worth having ever comes easy, and you will never get what you really want out of life if you don’t try. What’s the worst that can happen? You can make some mistakes and learn from them. But it is only a failure if you do not even try.
People often ask me, “Why are you moving to California? What’s there?” Well, my response is. . .
- Fab Exclusive! Rachel Roy on East Coast Versus West Coast (fabsugar.com)
- Sharing What You’re Learning (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- To Blog Or Not To Blog: When a Great Tool Gets Corrupted (1earthnow.wordpress.com)
- Your Personal Brand from Theory to Execution (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Let’s Go Skydiving!!! Come & Join the Fun with the DC Metro Filipino-American Group – SKYDIVE BALTIMORE MD…. (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- San Diego Express Summer Project – Starting up (thekepnerfamily.com)
- The EXPEDITION Project’s West Coast Journey 2012 (theexpeditionproject.typepad.com)