As a soon-to-be new graduate and job hunter, I think this is a very useful post from fellow blogger and communications student, Morgan / Mo Smalls. Even if you are not going into the fields of public relations or communications, these are useful tips to apply in any job search.
Your job is how you will be making a living, where you will be spending most of your time, and ultimately, it will be a reflection of you and you will be a reflection of the company. It is important to figure out exactly what your goals are and if this job fits into these goals. Just as with any important life decision (college, relationships, moving to a new place, etc.), you never want to “settle” with what is convenient or just because you think you have to.
Check out this great blog post for more excellent tips: How To Find That Perfect PR Job–Career Tips: Part 1
What other tips do you have?
- How To Find That Perfect PR Job (socialrelationsblog.wordpress.com)
- How To Find That Perfect PR Job – Career Tips: Part 2 (mosmalls.wordpress.com)
- How To Find That Perfect PR Job – Career Tips: Part 1 (mosmalls.wordpress.com)
- PR Jobs Created by Perfect Storm of Social Media, Business, Retirement: Public Relations Job Hunters Need New Strategies for Success says PR agency CEO Jeff Domansky (prweb.com)
- Why I Prefer Agency PR Over Corporate PR (buprssa.com)
- PR Jobs Los Angeles Site Launched (prweb.com)
- PR Jobs Chicago Launches Twitter Account (prweb.com)
- Looking for a Job in PR? Know Your Social Media. (rsmithing.com)
- This Week on the mediabistro.com Job Board: Blurb, Dukas Public Relations, Motion PR (mediabistro.com)
- Starting Your Pr Career (prmarketingcommunication.wordpress.com)
- 4 Tips for Public Relations Newbies (buprssa.com)
- Job Description – What Do Public Relations Professional Do? (prmarketingcommunication.wordpress.com)
- Secrets to Getting your Dream PR Job in 2012 (worob.com)